Christmas 2020 Christmas Gift Ideas and Stocking Stuffers for Photographers
A Grasp Photographer shares his fashionable annual checklist of present concepts to assist in giving you some concepts for the photographer in your vacation procuring checklist. These aren’t simply the conventional issues, although, however cool stuff that they’ll ask, “Wow, the place did you discover this?” Discovering a present for a photographer may be tough – the place does the non-photographer look? Nicely, right here you go, from the enjoyable to the intense, together with the obscure. This may make it straightforward for you.
1. Canon/Nikon Mugs retailer. Not likely a digicam accent however I feel these are simply enjoyable. Simply watch out you do not seize the actual lens and pour espresso into it. $45 to $160 for a set on the Canon Mugs Retailer, or the Assume Geek guys have one for $15.
2. Wacom pill. They arrive in several sizes with the Bamboo line for the starters, and the Intous line for the actual artistic varieties. As soon as they begin utilizing this to work on their photos, the mouse will really feel like a puck! Begins at $125. Most digicam shops carry this.
3. Unique lens. Greater price range? Purchase an unique lens, tremendous vast angle Fisheye, lengthy telephoto or a macro lens. At all times purchase the identical model lens of the digicam.
4. The Eye-Fi. It isn’t only a reminiscence card, however a wi-fi transmitter so you may add your photos to the pc or your favourite picture sharing website. You too can get playing cards to work with good telephones and the iPad. $99
5. ThinkTank Airport digicam case. Designed for plane carry-on measurement requirements, that is implausible. Packs a lot of gear in an excellent design. I’ve used it for years. These guys are good, they’ve a complete line of digicam luggage. You should purchase on-line or at one of many listed digicam shops. $380.
6. Blowit Fan. I personal this, it is nice. Small compact but highly effective. It is fan-tastic, sorry for the pun. Will get hair and clothes whipping round. $100.
7. Joby Gorillapods. They’ve developed. They’ve pods that may maintain SLRs with zoom lenses, right down to pocket cameras. Even ones for iPads and iPhones. Do not they only look wild? Priced effectively, too, from $20 to $60.
8. Tripod Lens Caddies. Out within the subject or within the studio, the place do you set your lenses and equipment for fast entry? Ta DA! Lens caddies. There are tons on the market. This can be a bag that straps onto the tripod legs so your gear is each secure and straightforward to get to. I discovered the FotoSharp Digital camera Caddy $30, the Tripod Caddy $25, and Adorama’s Tripod Butler $11. I like those with dividers. Make sure you watch the load they maintain.
9. Pop up reflectors. Each photographer can use a reflector. They arrive in all sizes with decisions of silver, gold and white. Go for the silver or white. Lastolite is a superb model with an enormous vary of choices. Westcott is one other. Most digicam shops carry this product. They vary in worth from $20 to $300 with the big or unique ones going for extra.
10. The Shootsac. This can be a intelligent concept. It is a lens bag designed to hug your physique. The lenses are fast to entry with out the standard bulk of a digicam case. Designed for each males and all fairly for ladies. $180.
11. Lens Child. This can be a wildly artistic collection of lenses for any digicam; they alter the main target spot with sudden gentle focus spots. $200 beginning to $500 for the equipment.
12. Black Speedy Digital camera strap. It is like a gunslinger strap, places the digicam at your bum or facet for simple entry, however out of the best way in the event you do not want it. They have been the primary. $50 to $60.
13. Aquapac waterproof circumstances. Good to 12 ft underwater, they’ve circumstances for very almost the whole lot. For all these vacationing photographers. $140.
14. Ray Flash – Ring Flash Adaptor. This matches over the digicam’s Flash Head to create these implausible ring flash style shot photos. A close to shadowless gentle. $200.
15. Software program to change the photographs. Ah, within the previous days, simply discover a lab. Now you need to take care of the digital file. There are Photoshop options although, which are inexpensive whereas doing an excellent job. Photoshop Parts, and Corel’s PaintShop Professional are essentially the most well-known, however there are tons on the market for various budgets, starting from $20 to $100. I discovered the TopTen Opinions website that not solely lists them with costs, but additionally charges them.
Bonus concepts for stocking stuffers
1. Reminiscence playing cards – Get Sandisk or Lexar, get the quick switch speeds. ($60 and up)
2. Mini HDMI cable – Connects new cameras to the massive display screen. Ask your digicam retailer which cable will probably be finest on your photographer’s digicam. ($2)
3. Rechargeable batteries with charger. ($10 to $35)
4. Lens cleaner – Both the material, or the fancier Lenspen. ($15)
5. Gary Fong Puffer – Pop up flash diffuser. Most digicam shops. Softens the flash from pop up flash so no harsh shadows. ($16 to $25)
6. Bokeh Kits – These are arty filters that form the out of focus highlights into hearts, stars, completely satisfied faces and far more. ($25)
This could get you effectively in your means by way of your Christmas checklist. It was loads enjoyable looking these out. I got here throughout so many cool issues, like an inflatable studio, a projector the dimensions of a wise cellphone, plus a lot extra I’ll share later. For now, completely satisfied Christmas procuring!