Christmas 2020 Recipe for Traditional Swedish Christmas Cookies or Pepparkakor
In any conventional Swedish dwelling, the odor of those dwelling baked cookies will likely be discovered wafting all through the house at Christmas time. The Swedes actually love cooking for the vacation season and the Christmas Eve celebration is the spotlight of the 12 months.
Do not be frightened by the literal translation of Pepparkakor, which suggests pepper cookies, it could have been that in olden instances there was somewhat pepper within the recipe, however now there’s only a tasty mixture of spices.
Christmas Spice Cookies or Pepparkakor
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- eight ounces (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mild corn syrup
- 1/Four cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Three 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons floor ginger
- 2 teaspoons floor cloves
1. Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
2. In a big bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in egg, corn syrup, orange juice, and orange zest.
3. In a separate bowl, sift collectively the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir flour combination into the creamed butter till mixed.
4. Roll dough out to 1/eight inch and reduce into shapes with cookie cutters. Bake for eight to 10 minutes within the oven. Cool cookies on wire racks.
These are a beautiful cookie recipe for kids to make and style even higher when reduce out with all method of form of cookie cutters!
Take pleasure in making and consuming this conventional Swedish cookie recipe.