Cooking Pithala Bhakri Recipe | पिठलं आणि भाकरी | Chef Sanjyot Keer
Written Recipe for Pithala bhakri
• For kharda/ thecha
1. Inexperienced chillies 10-12 nos.
2. Garlic 8-10 cloves
3. Salt a big pinch
• Besan 2 cups
• Salt to style
• Turmeric 1 tsp
• Water as required
• Oil 2 tbsp
• Rai (mustard seeds) 1 tsp
• Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tsp
• Curry leaves 10-12 nos.
• Onions 1 medium dimension (chopped)
• Hing (asafoetida) ½ tsp
• Inexperienced chillies 2-3 nos. (slit)
• Recent coriander leaves a handful
• First begin with making kharda often known as thecha, by including inexperienced chillies, garlic and large pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle and crush it nicely. Maintain apart for use later whereas making pithala and whereas serving.
• In a bowl, add besan, salt to style, turmeric powder and a pair of tbsp kharda/ thecha combine nicely and water as required to make a clean and lump free combination, hold apart.
• Set a wok on medium warmth, add oil, rai, cumin seeds and curry leaves, sauté it briefly foe few seconds or till the rai and jeera crackles, additional add onions, hing and inexperienced chillies, combine and proceed to prepare dinner on medium flame for onions flip translucent.
• Low down the flame to low warmth, Add the besan combination and 500 ml water to the wok and stir repeatedly to keep away from any lump formation. Prepare dinner till the pithala is semi thick in consistency.
• Cowl it with a lid and prepare dinner for 5-6 minutes on very low flame, be sure the pithala doesn’t burn so hold the flame to low warmth solely.
• After 5-6 minutes, open the lid and blend nicely, add a handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves, examine for the seasoning, your pithala is prepared.
• Serve sizzling with sizzling bhakri and a few onions, inexperienced chillies, thecha / kharda and a few matka dahi.
• Jowar flour 2 cups
• Salt to style
• Heat Water as required
• In a mixing bowl add jowar flour and salt combine nicely and add heat water as required to knead a delicate and moist dough.
• No must relaxation the dough like we relaxation different dough, you’ll be able to straight begin to form the with out resting.
• Divide the dough in small equal dough balls, sprinkle some dry jowar flour over the dough balls and flatten with palms and begin to form them in conventional approach with palms by stretching it together with your fingers and rotating it, I attempted doing it however its not that simple because it appears to be like, however nonetheless am attempting, should you’re not capable of form it with palms then you should use a rolling pin and form it like a roti, sprinkle some flour when it sticks to the rolling pin. Don’t hold the bhakri to thick or too skinny.
• As soon as formed, prepare dinner it on sizzling tawa and sprinkle some water over it, because the water dries flip and prepare dinner on different aspect as nicely till brown spots seem, prepare dinner it open flame, your sizzling bhakri’s are prepared, pour some ghee over sizzling bhakri and serve it with sizzling pithala.
The Music I take advantage of in All my movies –
(Greatest for unbiased creators)
Comply with us on all platforms:
Comply with my private handles right here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)