Cooking Pori Dosa (Puffed Rice Dosa) | Home Cooking
Pori Dosa (Puffed Rice Dosa)
Dosa is a very easy to make widespread breakfast dish of South India. It is without doubt one of the most wholesome and nutritious South-Indian meals. Nevertheless, this dosa we’re making right now is completely different from the widespread dosa, as a result of this dosa is made utilizing puffed rice in addition to uncooked rice and different elements. This tender and spongy dosa is eaten for breakfast and as a snack. It’s sometimes served with coconut or onion chutney and a few scorching Sambar.
Uncooked rice – 1 cup
Puffed rice (Pori) – 4 cup
Urad dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Add the uncooked rice to an enormous mixing bowl. Add sufficient water and let the rice soak for about three hours.
2. Soak the puffed rice in sufficient water in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a separate bowl by including sufficient water.
4. After three hours, take away the water and add the uncooked rice to a mixer jar and grind it.
5. Squeeze out the water from the puffed and add them to the mixer jar.
6. Add the soaked urad dal and fenugreek seeds to the jar as properly.
7. Grind the elements collectively. Add a little bit water and grind it once more to get a batter. Make sure that the consistency of the batter will not be too skinny or too thick. It ought to be thick and clean.
8. Add some salt to the batter and blend it properly.
9. Now, let the batter sit for at least eight hours or in a single day, so it’s properly fermented.
10. Now, warmth a tawa on the range.
11. Pour a little bit batter onto the tawa and unfold it evenly.
12. Add a little bit oil on the batter and likewise on the corners.
13. Shut it with a lid and let it prepare dinner on one aspect whereas it will get steamed on the opposite aspect. Preserve the tawa on a medium flame whereas doing this.
14. Your Puffed Rice Dosa is able to be served. Serve it with some good coconut, mint or tomato chutney or sambar.
A Ventuno Manufacturing: