Day 67 North American Road Trip in a Tesla
Follow this epic North American road trip in an electric vehicle to see how many extreme points I can get to.
This video is driving from El Centro, California and back home to Tucson, AZ.
finally completing an 18,857 mile road trip around North America
the challenge is to hit these points listed:
SOUTHERNMOST POINT IN CONTINENTAL U.S.
– Key West, Florida (24°32’38.724?N 81°48’17.658?W) – southernmost incorporated place in the contiguous 48 states
NORTHERNMOST POINT BY ROAD
Deadhorse Alaska at Prudhoe Bay. Goal is for Atigun Pass in the Brooks Range.
EASTERNMOST POINT IN CONTINENTAL U.S.
– Lubec, Maine (44.817419°N 66.949895°W) – easternmost incorporated place in the 50 states
– West Quoddy Head, Maine 44°48’55.4?N 66°56’59.2?W – easternmost point on the U.S. mainland
NORTHWESTERN POINT IN THE CONTINENTAL US
Neah Bay, Northwest point
HIGHEST PAVED ROAD IN NORTH AMERICA
– The Mount Evans Scenic Byway is the highest paved road in North America. It’s located in Colorado, USA.
LOWEST ROAD IN NORTH AMERICA
– Badwater Basin, Death Valley, California, 36°14’23?N 116°50’5?W – lowest surface point in all U.S. territory and North America, at -279 feet (-85 m)
Geographic center of the 48 contiguous states: approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Lebanon, Kansas, 39°50’N 98°35’W
Geographic center of the 50 states: approximately 20 miles (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota, 44°58′N 103°46′W
Geographic center of North America is at 48°10’N 100°10’W, about 6 miles (10 km) west of Balta, in Pierce County, North Dakota. There is some dispute and Rugby, ND has a monument there and is making that claim, I will drive by both places.